the weight of my heart has increased significantly this week. I've never been so close to perfect... I've never been so content with my life and it's direction and pace. a strange calm has taken over my anxious waiting.
Every song played throws me back to my old aches and pains and the recognition of a complete lack of them now... amazing how in my lack of distress I inflict distress upon myself. Old loves, old neglects. All of it comes rushing back on my solitary drive to and from work and the restless space between the end of the work day and the start of the night.
the parent night went well.... everyone was so supportive and generous with their compliments (even tho we are still struggling daily with learning a new way of being). We heard great stories of kids saying playing all day wasn't special anymore and he needed something more challenging (haha already?! and this is from the one who plays harder and longer than all the others!) and they're using our emergency and conflict resolution procedures at home with fierce ownership of their voices. It's amazing that we are already seeing changes in the students in the first few weeks.
and then there is the just plain awesome stuff like reading book after book to a group of 4-6 year olds <3 and having kids on my lap at meetings <3 and watching the kids enforce the rules <3
I can't keep up with them already! I barely get started and they're in another direction and i'm struggling to find information on the thing they were talking about last week... Oh well. Hopefully I'll get better as the days go on.
One this is for sure.. I'm freaking exhausted and ready to enjoy the night with my fabulous boyfriend, doug!
No comments:
Post a Comment