Man, today was just rough. I love doing this stuff but I am stressed out with my own life stuff and having absolute chaos occur the morning after a wonderfully fun evening was not my idea of a good return to the real world.
But I'm still every bit as committed and having awesome, supportive, and compassionate co-workers makes it easy to let go and look forward to tomorrow. I just have to keep reminding myself why I started this school and figure out a way to explain it to them so that they take more pride in what a unique and holistic community we have the chance to be.
Something I wrote to a friend today:
I went to Eastern for grad school for a year and then "took time off" to start the school. I probably wont go back because I see it as betraying my values about education. I started this school because I dont think that testing, grades, certificates, etc mean anything about your learning or ability to excel in life. If I get the masters degree i'm just buying into a system I'm fighting against. It took me a whole year into my masters degree to come to that revelation.
So now I'm just trying to be true to what I really believe in while still surviving in a society that has different plans.
.............
Being more open and honest about my life means that my friends are more forgiving of my disappearances, my foul mood, and my lack of conversation. They all seem to be genuinely supportive of me right now which is exactly what I need. It's refreshing on a day when things seem impossible at first.
No comments:
Post a Comment