Ok so the last few days have been the best ever. and today tops it all. We are at the Hilton in Grand Rapids. We went to go the beerfest in grand rapids and we had to take a cab from our hotel to the event. Not a big deal except when we got there the guy at the gate was like... We're sold out of tickets- sorry. So he tells us to go up to will call and ask them because there might be a few extra. So we walk up to will call and ask and they say no of course. then some random girl tells us the guy in the blue hat has the tickets. And HE DOES. So we get our tickets and go in and get some beer right away. there are tons of breweries and we see matt and andrew sees some other guy from dunning that he knew and we get some good pictures.
It was a ton of fun until we go to get some food and warm up. We get separated and the food line (the ONLY food line) is like an hour long. so I try to find warmth and am unsuccessful then we use our last tokens and get a cab back to the hotel only to find that the hotel restaurant is under renovation. HAha. So we go back to the room. order crab stuffed mushrooms and cocktail shrimp and put in reservations to louis benton steakhouse. I'm so excited i could burst. I've had such a good weekend and we are about to go have some good food then go swimming in the hotel pool.
I really needed to get away from everything and this has been better than expected. Even the little disappointments didn't seem so bad. It is great to have MY andrew back. He's such a great person I just can't tell you. I'm so ready for some food. it's been a long cold day. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment