I made it through my first week of classes. Barely. I went monday to UHS to get back on prozac so I didnt sleep very well monday or tuesday night and wednesday I'm so exhausted that I decide to go home and take a nap before work. Bad idea of course. I wake up at 5 to 3 and i was supposed to be there at 2:30. I call ann and tell her i'll be there as soon as i can and as i hang up the phone i start crying my eyes out. I just cried the whole drive there. Then I try to tell her what happened and I start sobbing uncontrollably in front of her and jesse (the girl i work with) and can't stop until i force myself not to talk about or think about it anymore. I felt like a complete idiot and I'm sure it didn't help my cause any. I make it through the rest of the day and start getting a major headache as I'm helping jesse with her bath. It gets so bad on the way home that I think i might have to stop and close my eyes for a while but i make it home. I feel so terrible my whole head feels like it is going to explode. Luckily andrew reminds me of some vicadin in my purse and I take it and after an hour I feel a lot better. I slept good that night.
Thursday was just class and it was fun. friday i go into work in the babyroom at the daycare. Not a big deal normally i love to be in the baby room. no one told me there was a tour of prospective parents coming in. Ann the owner came in with them and started in on me the second she walked in the room. The first and most upsetting thing she did was tell me i was bouncing this girl too hard in the bouncer and that i was going to give her shaken baby syndrome (in front of these parents!) I was shocked I said sorry and stopped doing it but it made me look like an idiot. then she was like "you know you have to bleach these toys once a kid has had them in his mouth especially now when everyone is sick there used to be a bucket for dirty toys around here somewhere do you know where it is?" So i told her that i knew to take the toys and that we just put them in the same bucket with the dirty dishes - they go to the same place. She had to ask if i knew where the dirty dishes bucket was! it was ridiculous. Then she got mad because i put the wrong sheets on the bed because they were the only one's in the sheet bin. I didn't know that there were other ones. Come to find out after she leaves my room that someone else had put them in the blanket bin - who knew?! So i told the director that I didn't want to be scheduled anymore that i needed some time off. she said she understood and i was only working two half days there anyway. I'm kinda glad it will give me some extra time for homework and relaxing and maybe even doing some stuff for laurie that i've been meaning to do for almost a year now.
now i have to go do homework for this coming week so i can understand what's going on in my classes.
No comments:
Post a Comment