Hope is both the earliest and the most indispensable virtue inherent in the state of being alive. If life is to be sustained hope must remain, even where confidence is wounded, trust impaired.
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year. No man has learned anything rightly, until he knows that every day is Doomsday."everyday is the best day ever"GEORGE ELIOT:What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other?
If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain.
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain.
6.27.2008
ERIK H. ERIKSON:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment