5.10.2010

lessons from mnmlist - or - what i learned from dating doug

"you need less than you think"

"I just like to be away from everything"

I'm feeling very sentimental today. Remembering the good times more than the bad today. It's a good feeling... longing for the next big thing. the feelings of contentment and connection. Real connection. Not this facade of caring. the PC interaction between individuals, claiming community.

I haven't even accomplished this goal and i'm already thinking of my next step. another place where i might find contentment. Yes it's worth it. No it isn't solving the problems. Maybe if we could find a way around monetary concerns, regulations, and government micromanagement of living options. I want to live off the grid. I want to be free from rent, bills, lines, and automated answering services.

It's about what you do RIGHT NOW to change things. not your plans for later. So why is it so hard for me to get rid of these unnecessary possessions? Bad habits supposedly keeping me sane. the hopeless, cynical, and indignant response to the work that still needs to be done.

bah. I'm going to play guitar and enjoy my day off....

No comments: